Hotel Information & Reservations
Washington Marriott Wardman Park
2660 Woodley Road NW
Washington, DC 20008
A discounted room rate of $239 per night is available for RETECH participants at the Marriott Wardman Park. Reservations can be made online
or by calling at 800-228-9290 or +1-202-328-2000 and referencing RETECH 2013. The hotel deadline is Friday, August 16, 2013.
There are three major airports serving the DC region:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA): Approx. 7 miles away
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD): Approx. 24 miles away
- Thurgood Marshall Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI): Approx. 34 miles away
From Washington Dulles International Airport and Points West:
Follow the signs to Interstate 66 east to Washington. Follow I-66 to the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge (US Route 50). Take the Constitution Ave exit off of the bridge. Continue on Constitution for 6 blocks and make a left turn onto 17th Street. This will change to Connecticut Ave. Continue on Connecticut. Ave. for 1 mile. Cross over the William Taft Bridge. Make a left turn at the 3rd light after the bridge onto Woodley Ave. The hotel entrance is on the left.
From Thurgood Marshall Baltimore/Washington International Airport:
Take I-95 South to I-495 West. Take Exit 33, Connecticut Ave. Southbound. Continue on Connecticut Avenue for about 6.5 miles. Turn right onto Woodley Road. The hotel entrance is on the left.
From Reagan National Airport:
Follow the signs to Washington D.C. (George Washington Parkway). Take I-395 North to Route 1 (Route 1 is the 14th Street Bridge). Merge to the far left lane on the bridge and follow the signs for 14th Street. Take 14th Street for 1 mile. Turn left onto K Street. Continue on K for 5 blocks. Turn right onto Connecticut. Ave. Follow Connecticut. Ave. for 1 mile. Cross over the William Taft Bridge. Make a left turn at the 3rd light after the bridge onto Woodley Rd. The Hotel entrance is on left.
Parking at the Marriott Wardman Park
Parking at the Marriott Wardman Park is available for RETECH attendees at the following rates:
$19 Hourly / $34 Daily for Self-parking
$39 for Valet parking
Traveling By Metro
Take the Red line to the Woodly Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan stop. Visit www.wmata.com
for more information about the Metro system. ** Hotel is located directly above the Woodley Park Metro Stop.
Top attractions include:
- Smithsonian’s: National Museum of Natural History (7 million visitors)
- National Air & Space Museum (6 million visitors)
- National Museum of American History (3 million visitors)
- National Zoological Park (3 million visitors)
- Lincoln Memorial (4 million visitors)
- World War II Memorial (4 million visitors)
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial (4 million visitors)
- Korean Memorial (3 million visitors)
- FDR Memorial (3 million visitors)
- Rock Creek Park (2 million visitors)
DC is also home to 4 major sporting event venues with 167,000 total seats and 8 major professional teams including the Redskins, Wizards, Mystics, Nationals, United and Capitals.
There are more than 40 performing arts/theatre venues with 31,000 total seats.
More than 50 private tour companies offer nearly 40 regularly scheduled tours.
For more information about Washington, DC please visit the Visitors Bureau at http://washington.org/